VERIFIED SOLUTION i
Products affected: Connect+® 500W, Connect+® 1000, Connect+® 2000, Connect+® 3000, SendPro® P1000, SendPro® P1500, SendPro® P2000, SendPro® P3000
For some classes of service, the Post Office bases the price of the mail piece on both the weight and the shape of the item. Systems equipped with Weigh-On-The-Way® (WOW®)/Shaped Based Rating can weigh and measure the mail piece as it moves through the system when a Shape Based Rating class is selected.
- From the Home screen, select Run Mail.
- Open the appropriate job.
- Select Weighing.
- Set or verify that the weighing method is set to WOW.
- Select Class.
- Select Shape Based Rate. Select any other services required from the Extra Services list on the right of the screen.
- Select OK.
- Place the mail in the feeder.
- Select Start.
- A piece will feed into the mailing system and be weighed.
- As it moves through the system, the thickness, length, and width of the envelope are measured.
- Depending on the weight and measurements, the appropriate rate will be selected and the postage calculated.
UPDATED: September 15, 2017