VERIFIED SOLUTION i
Products affected: Connect+® 500W, Connect+® 1000, Connect+® 2000, Connect+® 3000, SendPro® P1000, SendPro® P1500, SendPro® P2000, SendPro® P3000
Differential weighing allows you to place all of your mail on the scale at the same time then you remove each mailpiece, one by one and run it through the meter. The meter calculates the postage for each mailpiece you remove from the scale and applies the postage to the mailpiece. For large envelopes or packages, you can use differential weighing to have the system automatically print a tape every time you remove a piece of mailpiece from the scale.
Before you start:
- Each mailpiece must weigh at least as much as the Differential Weighing threshold. If a mailpiece is removed that does not meet the minimum weight, the scale will not recognize the removal of the mailpiece.
- The entire stack of mail must weigh less than the capacity of the scale. If "Weight exceeds scale capacity" appears on the screen, remove some mailpieces until the message disappears.
- Select Run Mail under Mailing on the Home screen.
- Select a job that uses Differential Weighing, or select Weighing.
- Select Differential Weighing.
- If necessary, edit the Differential Weighing threshold.
- Select the appropriate print option:
- Auto tape printing: Select this option if your mail is too large to be fed through your meter. Each time you remove a mailpiece from the scale, the meter prints a tape automatically.
- Auto envelope printing: Select this option if you have a envelopes that can be fed through the meter. The meter automatically feeds the envelope and prints the postage.
- Envelope or tape printing: Select this option if you have mail that is a mix of envelopes and packages (mailpieces that can be run through the meter and others that require tape). Each time you remove a mailpiece from the scale, you're required to select either Start or Tape to print postage.
- Place a stack of mail on the scale and select OK.
- Select the required class.
- Remove a mailpiece from the scale. Do not slide the mailpiece across the other mail on the scale. The meter calculates how much that mailpiece weighs by checking how much less the stack of mail weighs.
- Enter the destination. If the ZIP code or country is needed for the mailpiece, the meter will prompt you for it.
- When the last mailpiece is removed from the scale, the meter asks you if you want to print postage just in case you are removing an empty mail tray.
UPDATED: March 12, 2019