How to activate a node-locked license of MapInfo Pro
UPDATED: February 22, 2018
To activate MapInfo Pro:
1. Install MapInfo Pro, if not already installed, and start the product.
When MapInfo Pro is started for the first time after installation, the Activation Wizard launches.
The MapInfo Pro Activation dialog box opens.
2. Select when to activate MapInfo Pro. Select one of the following:
• Activate Now–Select this option to start activation now. For further instructions, continue to Activate Now.
• Activate Later–Select this option to start a 30-day courtesy period in which the product can be used without activating. For further instructions, continue to Activate Later.
If you selected Activate Later, the Activation Wizard closes and the courtesy period begins. The courtesy period enables one to use MapInfo Pro immediately and activate the product at a time that is convenient.
Each subsequent time MapInfo Pro is started, a dialog box opens informing the user of the time remaining in the courtesy period and giving the user the opportunity to activate the product.
MapInfo Pro must be activated sometime during the courtesy period to avoid interruption of work.
When the courtesy period ends, MapInfo Pro cannot be used until it is activated.
In the Select Transfer Method dialog box, select one of the following activation methods and then click Next.
Select the Automatic Activation option if an Internet connection is available. The Activation Wizard will make a one-time connection with the Pitney Bowes Licensing Server.
Using the serial number and access code provided during the installation, the Activation Wizard will retrieve one of the licenses purchased and associate it with the computer where MapInfo Pro is installed.
The activation process is finished and MapInfo Pro is fully licensed.
Select the Email Activation option when an Internet connection is not available. The Activation Wizard will guide the user through the creation of an Activation Request file that must then be emailed to Pitney Bowes Software, using the email address Activation@mapinfo.com.
To start email activation:
1. In the Verify Activation Credentials dialog box, double-check that the serial number and access code are correct and then click Next. Click Edit if corrections are needed.
2. In the Specify location to save Activation Request file dialog box, click Browse to select a folder in which to save the Activation Request file and then click Next.
The Activation Request contains the serial number and access code, plus information that identifies the computer where MapInfo Pro is installed.
3. The Save this important information dialog box contains information about the Activation Request file. The Activation Request File box shows the full path and filename of the Activation Request file.
The Email address box shows the email address to send the file to.
Take a few moments to write down the location of the Activation Request file and email address to send the Activation Request file to.
Please do not edit the Activation Request file in any way. If edited,
the Pitney Bowes license server will not be able to process the file and your activation will be delayed.
4. Click OK. The Activation Wizard closes and the courtesy period automatically starts.
5. Email the Activation Request file to Pitney Bowes Software using this email address: Activation@mapinfo.com
Finishing Email Activation
When the Activation Response file is received from Pitney Bowes Software, MapInfo Pro is ready to finish the activation.
To finish Email Activation:
1. Copy the Activation Response file received from Pitney Bowes Software to an accessible folder on the computer and make note of the location.
2. Open MapInfo Pro. If MapInfo Pro is already open, exit and restart the program.
A dialog box opens asking if the user wants to finish activating MapInfo Pro.
3. Click Yes.
4. In the Process Email Activation Response dialog box, click Browse to navigate to the location of the saved Activation Response file.
5. In the Locate Response file dialog box, click Open when the file is located.
The path and filename of the Activation Response file will be displayed.
6. In the Process Email Activation Response dialog box, click Next.
An activation message opens showing that the activation was successful.
Note: The activation of the License Server Utility, used for concurrent and distributed licensing, follows similar steps as the activation of MapInfo Pro.
For documentation concerning the procedures outlined here, please see the "ActivatingYourProduct.pdf" found here and in the
Professional\documentation folder found where MapInfo Pro is installed.
- No Downloads