How Extractcollisions works
UPDATED: October 18, 2017
AFP print streams often contain inline resources such as fonts. Vault provides a way to
automatically extract these resources during the compression step of the load process.
The ExtractResources profile setting lets you specify a target path where the resources should
be extracted. Normally this is a relative path to a resource set in the server\distrib directory. If
this option is not specified, no automatic resource extraction occurs.
The ExtractCollisions profile setting lets you specify how the extraction process deals with
- If a resource with the same name already exists in the target directory and
ExtractCollisions=0, the extraction will be skipped leaving the existing resource.
- If ExtractCollisions=1, the new resource will replace the existing resource.
- If ExtractCollisions=2, the extraction process will compare the new and existing resources.
- If the resources do not match, the extraction process will fail with an error. This is useful
for detecting situations where resources associated with multiple job would conflict at
- The default setting is ExtractCollisions=1.
The ExtractCollisionsIgnoreFormdef profile setting is used in conjunction with
- If the extraction process detects that a resource is a form definition and does not match
an existing resource, normally it will fail the extraction.
- If you set ExtractCollisionsIgnoreFormdef=1, it will ignore the conflict and continue.
- The default is ExtractCollisionsIgnoreFormdef=0.
In this case, resources will be extracted to a resource set labeled “rs201307”. The extraction
process will look for and report conflicts. If conflicting form definitions are found, it will
Operating System: Not stated
Database: Not stated
Configuration: Not stated
- No Downloads