VERIFIED SOLUTION i
How to troubleshoot Web Mapping Service issues - MapInfo Professional
UPDATED: July 18, 2017
When accessing WMS servers via MapInfo Professional® sometimes you may receive errors. When you receive an error accessing a WMS server then you should check the following things:
- Can the WMS be accessed via a web browser? To test this run a GetCapabilities request, for example: http://www.mapinfo.com/miwms?REQUEST=GetCapabilities. If this isn't possible then you'll need to contact the provider of the WMS.
- Does it confirm to the OGC WMS versions supported by your version of MapInfo Pro™ (the OGC WMS version can be found from the GetCapabilities result from the step above)? The OGC WMS versions that are supported by MapInfo Professional® can be found in the MapInfo Professional® Install Guide
- Ensure traffic to the WMS server can pass through the firewall
- Increase the timeout values. You can override the default settings by:
- Selecting Edit on the server from the WMS server list
- Select Override Default Values then increase the values
- You can also increase the default values by going to Pro > Options > Web Services > WMS (64 bit) or Options > Preferences > Web Services > WMS (32 bit) then increase the timeout values.
Products affected: MapInfo Professional®, MapInfo Pro™
- No Downloads