VERIFIED SOLUTION i
Products affected: mailstation™, mailstation2™
Follow these steps to install your mailstation™ or mailstation2™:
- When you unpack your box, check the contents against the items listed on your Quick Install Guide
- Connect your meter to a power source:
- Plug the power adapter into the back of the meter and into an electrical outlet
- When the meter asks if you have an internet connection, press Enter/Yes
- Choose your connection type:
- Wired (LAN) - requires an internet jack and a power outlet
- Wireless (WIFI) - requires access to a wireless network and a power outlet
- Select and follow the instructions for your connection method. (SmartLink™ is your preferred connection method
- PC Meter Connect - Connect using PC Meter Connect
- Communication Device - Connect using a Communication Device for wired (LAN) and wireless (WIFI) network connections
- Install your scale:
- Place the scale on your meter
- Attach the scale cable to the back of the meter
- Tighten the thumb screws
- Install your ink cartridge:
- On the meter screen, you should see Add ink cartridge. Continue-Press Enter. Press Enter.
- Lift the cover of the meter and open the ink cartridge latch by pressing down on the unlock symbol
- Remove the plastic blank cartridge and discard it
- Find the included ink cartridge and remove the silver foil strip from the bottom
- Install the ink cartridge into the meter, then press the top of the cartridge latch down to lock it
- Close the cover and press Enter
- After two minutes, the meter will ask if the ink cartridge has been installed. Press Enter.
- Create a test print:
- When prompted, insert a spare envelope or tape sheet for a test print
- Insert the tape or envelope against the rear and side walls to print correctly. The system will detect it and automatically begin printing.
- The test print will appear in red ink. If the test print is good (if there are no missing or broken lines), press Yes.
- Add postage:
- Press Enter. The meter will connect to the data server and check your postage account balance
- Enter the amount of postage you wish to add to the meter and press Enter
- Press Enter to confirm the amount
- Your meter will automatically update within a few minutes. Once the update is complete, your meter is ready for use.
- Get an error while connecting your meter? See Resolve connection errors and messages on the mailstation and mailstation2.
- Resolve connection issues with PC Meter Connect
- Resolve scale not weighing correctly
- Need help withdrawing funds from your old meter? See Returning a meter for instructions.
- In order to add postage to your meter, you must have funds available in your Reserve Account or USPS® prepaid account, or be using Purchase Power®. For more information, see Paying for Postage.
- If you need further assistance, contact client support. Have your model number ready.
UPDATED: February 20, 2019