VERIFIED SOLUTION i
When using Portrait Dialogue with Citrix, anything having to do with transferring data between the client application and the server can be problematic because of the architecture of Citrix.
- Each user will have a desktop in their personal profile on the Citrix terminal server.
- In most cases, files uploaded from the server will get uploaded to their Citrix desktop.
- A Windows firewall running on the Citrix environment will block communication with Portrait Dialogue Application Server and the Portrait Dialogue Web Applications if it is not configured to allow the communication.
- The Citrix Z-Scalar Application Firewall can cause problems at the application level.
- It can block some specific communication between Dialogue Server and Visual Dialogue
- It can block some of the communication in the browser when connecting to the Dialogue web applications.
- In some cases it can block communication with the database and a web application.
- Where the local client PC is mapped for Citrix users, the network performance can suffer.
- This can be seen especially when uploading files to the server, or downloading files from the server.
- Any third party software prerequisites for Visual Dialogue functionality, must be met on the Citrix Terminal Server.
- When exporting files, lists or reports to an office application, such as MS Excel, it is necessary to have MS Excel installed, for all users, on the Citrix Terminal server.
- Opening a Letter template in MS Word, requires MS Word to be installed on the Citrix Server.
UPDATED: September 3, 2018