VERIFIED SOLUTION i
Products affected: Connect+® 500W, Connect+® 1000, Connect+® 2000, Connect+® 3000, SendPro® P1000, SendPro® P1500, SendPro® P2000, SendPro® P3000
Envelopes are not feeding into the Connect+® or SendPro™ P Series.
This issue can be cause by a number of factors:
- The envelope dimensions are outside of the acceptable range.
- The envelopes are not stacked properly on the feed deck.
- The thickness adjustment knob setting is incorrect.
- The stack of envelopes is leaning away from the feeder.
- Too many envelopes are on the feed deck.
- The envelopes are too heavy or too thick.
- Worn, damaged or missing belts or rollers.
ResolutionUPDATED: May 1, 2018
- Ensure that the envelopes meet the specifications listed in the Operator Guide.
- Sort the mail by envelope size. All envelopes in a single stack should be the same size.
- Shingle the envelopes so the bottom envelope feeds first.
Note: This is not necessary if your mailing machine is running in WOW mode.
- If your mail pieces are sealed, fan them to make sure they are not stuck together as a result of previous processing.
- Place the stack of mail on the feed deck. Place the envelopes with the flaps down and against the rear wall.
- Make sure that the envelopes are pushed far enough so that they cover the feed sensor located on the feed deck near the rear wall.
- Adjust the side guide so that it is close to, but not touching, the bottom edge of the envelope stack. Be sure to leave a slight clearance between the side guide and envelopes (about 1/16 inch clearance).
- Use the thickness adjustment knob to adjust for envelope thickness.
- If envelops are not getting past the thickness adjustment knob, set it to a higher setting.
- If too many envelopes are being fed, set the thickness adjustment knob to a lower setting.
- If the feed motor is not starting, clean the feed sensor at the back wall near the entrance of the mailing machine.
- Using a can of non-flammable canned air and working from the left side of the machine to the exit, blow onto the feed deck that the envelopes/tape sheets travel on. Ensure that all dust and debris are removed.