VERIFIED SOLUTION i
Products affected: DM100®i, DM125™, DM200L™, DM225™, SendPro® 300
Mail does not run through the machine and the error code 2483 or the message "Mail Piece Too Short" is displayed.
The mail piece does not meet the minimum length of 5 inches.
ResolutionUPDATED: September 26, 2017
- Make sure that the mail piece is at least 5 inches long.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Wait one to three minutes.
- Move the transport release lever 1/4 turn to the right (clockwise) to the released position (vertical).
- Remove any visible paper fragments from feed deck. Occasionally the tape strip or sheet will get caught in the rollers.
- Using non-flammable canned air and working from the left side of the machine to the exit, blow onto the feed deck on which the envelopes/tape sheets travel. Ensure that all dust and debris are removed.
- Move the transport release lever 1/4 turn counter clockwise to raise the feed deck up into position.
- Plug the power cord back in, ensuring that it is plugged directly into a wall outlet.