VERIFIED SOLUTION i
Products affected: DM500™, DM525™, DM550™, DM575™, DM800™, DM800i™, DM825™, DM875™, DM900™, DM925™, DM1000™, DM1100™
The meter displays error code 0503 and will not print.
There may be a tape jammed in the system.
ResolutionUPDATED: September 25, 2017
If there is a tape jammed in the system, follow these directions to remove it.
- Press 6946 and the Funds button.
- Select Diagnostics.
- Select PMC Diagnostics.
- Select Print Head Maintenance.
- Select Move Print Head/Cap.
- Select Open Cap.
- Select Move to Envelope Position.
- Lift the top cover where ink cartridge holder / print head is located.
- Look behind the print head to see if tape is jammed in machine. If necessary, clear the tape jam.
- Close the cover.
- Select Move to Home Position.
- Select Close Cap.
- Press the left arrow to exit.
- Test $0.00 tapes 10 times.
- Turn the power off with the power switch.
- Wait for the display to turn off.
- Wait one to three minutes, then turn the power switch back on.