VERIFIED SOLUTION i
Products affected: DM500™, DM525™, DM550™, DM575™, DM800™, DM800i™, DM825™, DM875™, DM900™, DM925™, DM1000™, DM1100™
The meter displays error code 1981 and will not print.
There is an ink tank access error or a non-genuine Pitney Bowes ink tank is installed.
ResolutionUPDATED: September 1, 2017
- Ensure that a genuine Pitney Bowes brand ink cartridge is installed.
- If a genuine Pitney Bowes ink cartridge is installed, reboot the machine:
- Turn the power off with the power switch.
- Wait for the display to turn off.
- Wait one to three minutes.
- Turn the power switch back on.