VERIFIED SOLUTION i
Products affected: DM500™, DM525™, DM550™, DM575™, DM800™, DM800i™, DM825™, DM875™, DM900™, DM925™, DM1000™, DM1100™
The meter displays error code 162E and will not print tapes.
This error is caused by a tape jam.
ResolutionUPDATED: September 28, 2016
Follow these steps to help clear the tape jam:
- Move print head all the way forward:
- Type 6946, then press the Funds button.
- Select Diagnostics.
- Select PMC Diagnostics.
- Select Print Head Maintenance.
- Select Move print head/cap.
- Select Open cap.
- Select Move to envelope position.
- Open the cover.
- Remove the tape jam.
- Blow out tape feeder area with non-flammable canned air.
- Close the cover.
- Select Move to home position.
Note: If the print carriage does not move back on its own, you can manually slide the print head back to the middle so the front of the print head is aligned with the back of the wiper blade.
- Select Close Cap.
- Reinstall the tape.
- Turn the power off with the power switch.
- Wait for the display to turn off.
- Wait one to three minutes, then turn the power switch back on.