Resolve Mapinfo 10.0 crashing with description "Stopped working"
Whenever tries to run an application on new Windows 7 32bit machine, MapInfo application keep getting crashed and throws an error "Close the Program".
It may occur because of the following reason:
1) .Net 3.x prerequisites
2) User Account Control (UAC) in Windows 7
In the Event Viewer log, it will show the error:
"Windows Error Reporting" and CLR20r3
UPDATED: August 21, 2017
There are few steps need to perform to avoid the kind of error in Windows 7 32bit.
1) Go to the Windows Control Panel > User Accounts > Change User Account Control Setting. Turn this off or Select Never Notify, uninstall and then re-install MapInfo Professional 10.0.
2) Make sure all .Net 3.x prerequisites for 10.0 are installed on the machine.
3) Whenever application gets crash it generates a dump (log) file. It may contain the reason for the crash.
4) This command is for finding the log file.
From the Start menu select 'Run'. Type '%temp%/MIPRO'
If the issue is unresolved after following these steps, contact customer support for further assistance.
Product Feature: Installation
Operating System: Windows 7 32-Bit
- No Downloads