Products affected: Relay™ 2500, Relay™ 3500, Relay™ 4500
The insert feeder feeds items that do not require folding. The insert feeder may be removed if it is not required fora job.
- Use the side guide adjustment knob to adjust the side guides to the width of the inserts you are running.
- Once the guides are touching both sides of the insert, turn the adjustment knob 1/4-turn in the opposite direction. This sets the correct clearance between the guides and the insert.
- Refer to the labels located on the insert feeder and match the insert type (slip, reply envelope, pre-folded, booklet) with the icon and color.
Identifying the Insert - If the label indicates a range of settings, we recommend you select a higher number or letter for a thicker the insert.
- Set the blue separator gap lever to the number required.
- Set the blue separator shield lever to the letter required.
Aerate and fan the stack of inserts so the individual pieces are not stuck together.
- Shingle the inserts and place them on the feed deck. Loading orientation can vary depending on the inserts. Load inserts using these orientation guidelines.
Insert Type Orientation Slip Face up, bottom edge first Reply Envelope Face up, top edge first Pre-folded Face up, closed edge first Booklet Face up, bound edge first
- Let the wedge (material prop) slide down the stack to support the envelopes.
UPDATED: February 19, 2019