VERIFIED SOLUTION i
Products affected: SendPro® C, SendPro®+
Lithium ion battery
This product contains a lithium ion battery. The battery must be recycled or disposed of properly. If you are leasing this product, you must return it to Pitney Bowes. Alternatively, contact your local waste disposal or recycle facility for instructions on how to dispose of it properly.
Agency compliance information
Agency Compliance Information can be found in the product’s user guide. The user guide is available for download at: https://www.pitneybowes.com/ca/en/support.html.
Important safety notes
Follow the normal safety precautions for all office equipment.
- Please read all instructions before you attempt to operate the system. Save these instructions for future use.
- Use only Pitney Bowes-approved supplies, in particular aerosol dusters. Improper storage and use of aerosol dusters or flammable aerosol dusters can cause an explosive-like condition that could result in personal injury and/or property damage. Never use aerosol dusters labeled flammable and always read instructions and safety precautions on the duster label.
- Use the power cord supplied with the machine and plug it into a properly grounded wall outlet that's located near the machine and easily accessible. Failure to properly ground the machine can result in severe personal injury and/or fire.
- The power cord wall plug is the primary means of disconnecting the machine from the AC supply. The unit is on whenever it is plugged into a live receptacle, even though the operator display may be blank.
- Place the mailing machine base close to an easily accessible wall outlet. DO NOT use a wall outlet controlled by a wall switch or one that is shared with other equipment.
- Do not use an adapter plug on the line cord or wall outlet.
- Do not remove the ground pin from the line cord.
- Make sure the area in front of the wall outlet into which the machine is plugged is free from obstruction.
- DO NOT route the power cord over sharp edges or trap it between pieces of furniture. Make sure there is no strain on the power cord.
- To reduce the risk of fire or electrical shock, DO NOT attempt to remove covers or disassemble the control panel or its base. The cabinet encloses hazardous parts. If you should drop or otherwise damage the unit, call Pitney Bowes.
- Use only Pitney Bowes approved ink, tape strips, and cleaners. To obtain Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for Occupational Health and Safety (OSHA) requirements, please go to www.pb.com/msds. When prompted, enter the product name, manufacturer, the Pitney Bowes MSDS Number, or reorder number of the item you are interested in.
- Keep fingers, long hair, jewelry and loose clothing away from moving parts at all times.
- Avoid touching moving parts or materials while the machine is in use. Before clearing a stall (jam), be sure machine mechanisms come to a complete stop.
- To prevent overheating, do not cover the vent openings.
- When removing stalled material, avoid using too much force to protect against minor personal injury and damage to the equipment.
- Use the equipment only for its intended purpose.
- Always follow the specific occupational health and safety standards prescribed for your workplace.
Caution: In case of an ink spill, leaking ink or excessive ink accumulation, immediately disconnect the power cord from the wall plug and contact Pitney Bowes. All inquiries can be done by calling 1-800-672-6937 and following the telephone prompts. Customer Service Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM ET.
Please refer to the warranty information if problems occur. Failed units will be returned to the Pitney Bowes U.S. Service Center. For reference purposes, the Pitney Bowes U.S. Service Center contact address is: Pitney Bowes Inc., 3001 Summer Street, Stamford, CT, 06926.
For more information, visit our website at: pitneybowes.com/ca/en/sendproc-support
This equipment contains an Industry Canada approved radio frequency transmitter. An IC certification number can be found on the transmitting device on a label located on the bottom side of the equipment. This transmitting device complies with the Industry Canada license-exempt RSS standards. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference, including interference that ay cause undesired operation of the device.
Although this equipment is not body-worn, the transmitting device has been tested and found to comply with the Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) for general population/uncontrolled exposure limits.
UPDATED: August 27, 2019