Products affected: SendPro® C, SendPro®+ (2H00, 8H00)
Watch this video or follow the instructions below to learn how to feed envelopes and avoid mailpiece jams on the SendPro C, SendPro+
When feeding mail:
When feeding mail:
- For your first envelope, hold the far edge of the envelope against the back wall of the feeder.
- Slide the envelope into the feeder until you feel it touch the rollers. You will hear the feeder motor begin. Do not release the envelope until the feeder grabs it to pull it through the machine.
- You will hear the feeder motor continue to run for about 5 seconds once it prints postage on the envelope on the first envelope.
- Continue to feed envelopes, one at a time, simultaneously pressing the edge of each envelope against the back wall of the feeder and into the feeder until it touches the rollers.
- Make sure the envelopes fully exit the feeder and do not pile up on the edge of the feeder. If you are using a stacker, you may need to extend the stacker tray so that the envelopes exit the feeder completely.
- If you don't hold the envelope against the back wall it can feed in crooked or skewed. A skewed envelope can either exit the machine with no postage applied or cause a jam. The message Clear Paper Jam appears in the display.
Even a minor skew that may be difficult to see can cause a jam.
- To clear the jam turn the paper jam lever clockwise and remove the envelope.
- Turn the jam lever back to the locked position.
- Continue printing, sliding the first envelope in until it touches the rollers and you hear the motor start.
- Make sure that once the feeder grabs the envelope, you do not try to remove it and then re-feed it as this will result in a Clear Paper Jam message.
Preventive action:To prevent envelopes from getting stuck in the transport deck:
- Use a can of non-flammable compressed air and blow on the feed deck on the left side and work toward the transport deck on the right side. Make sure and remove all the dust and debris.
UPDATED: May 21, 2020