Products affected: MapInfo Pro Viewer
What is the MapInfo Pro Viewer?
MapInfo Pro Viewer is a free subscription version of MapInfo that provides read-only access. With the viewer, you can:
- Open any workspace from v17 or previous versions
- Open additional tables in read-only mode
- Perform basic map operations such as pan, zoom, reordering layers, etc.
- Creating output either printed or as a PDF or image file
- Create new map or browser windows with some restrictions
- Edit, Create or Save any tables including data or structure modifications
- Save changes to a workspace
- Create new layouts
- Perform any analytics through themes, SQL selections or raster operations
- Make edits to a map other than those specified above
- Create or Open MapBasic programs
- Get full tech support *
Requirements and Installation Instructions
You must have a 64-bit version of Windows including any versions for personal, business or server use. Note that the installer can be used to install either the ProViewer or the full version of MapInfo Pro.
- Unzip the downloaded file and run setup.exe. Download it from here.
- Follow the steps of the install wizard. On the step where you are asked to put in a serial number and access code leave it empty.
- Once the installation is complete, launch the viewer using the shortcut for the “MapInfo Viewer”.
- You will then be asked to either login or establish an account. You may already have an account if you have a previously set one up for the purpose of billing or using subscription plan for geocoding and drivetime services.
*Tech support is not available with the free viewer unless your organization has support through paid copies of MapInfo Pro.
UPDATED: August 13, 2020