VERIFIED SOLUTION i
Products affected: SendPro® C, SendPro®+ (8H10)
- The meter is not connecting to the data server via a wired network (Ethernet) connection.
- The meter displays the message "Unable to resolve host" or "Unable to resolve api.pitneybowes.com/ca".
- The meter displays the message "Failed to Update Please Contact Pitney Bowes"
Note: If you are experiencing issues with a wireless network connection, see the topic Wireless (WiFi) connection issues.
Connection issues may be caused by problems with the settings, the wireless connection, or a firewall.
To troubleshoot issues with a wired network connection, follow the steps in each section below.
- Restart the meter
- Check the physical connection
- Check the network settings
- Proxy settings
- Firewall issues
Restart the meter
- Unplug the power cord and the network cable. The screen should turn off after 10 seconds.
- Wait two minutes.
- Plug the power cable back in, ensuring that it is plugged directly into a wall outlet.
- Quickly tap and release the power button to turn the meter back on.
- Once the meter turns back on, plug the network cable back in.
- Wait one minute, then try the network connection again.
Check the physical connection
Check the LED lights located on the back of the meter where the network cable plugs in. These lights should become lit within one minute of turning on the meter.
Note: Make sure that the meter is not connected to a phone line or to a computer with PC Meter Connect, as this meter does not support those connection types.
- Make sure that the network cable is securely plugged into the meter. You should hear a soft click when it is fully inserted.
- If the LEDs are not lit, verify that the other end of the network cable is plugged into an active router or wall jack.
- If the cable is plugged in but the LEDs are not lit, try a different cable. After a new cable is installed, if there are still no lights, contact technical support. Please have your model and serial number ready.
Check the network settings
For information about the connection settings required on your network, contact your IT department.
If you want the meter to get an IP address automatically and do not need a static IP address:
- Tap the Settings (gear) icon in the global toolbar.
- Tap Wired (Ethernet).
- Select the Connection Type DHCP.
- Tap Connect.
If you need to set the meter to a static IP address:
- Select the Connection Type Static IP.
- Enter the IP address, Netmask, and DNS Address. Contact your IT department for this information.
If credentials are required to sign in to your network, then your network most likely uses a proxy server. If you are unsure about what your proxy settings are, contact your IT department.
If available, try a wireless (WiFi) connection. Refer to Setting up a wired network connection on the SendPro C.
Your network firewall may be blocking ports or addresses that are required for proper functioning of the meter. Contact your IT department for assistance if needed.
- The meter requires ports 80 (HTTP), 443 (HTTPS), 53 (DNS), 5938 (Team Viewer), 2300, and 8080 (OS updates) to be unblocked.
- See the SendPro C Connectivity Guide for a complete list of the addresses that need to be unblocked.
UPDATED: November 7, 2019