VERIFIED SOLUTION i
Products affected: SendPro® C, SendPro®+ (8H10)
The SendPro C, SendPro+ connection uses these ports and protocols. The system will require access through your network and firewall.
- All communication is initiated from the system via ports 80 (HTTP) and 443 (TLS)
- All communications from the system to the back end system are in the form of XML messages.
Port 80 (HTTP)
- Web Services
- TeamViewer (remote access software)
Port 443 (TLS)
- SendPro C, SendPro+ sends requests to refill or audit its PSD (Postal Security Device) when the user requests it or an inspection is required. Audits occur if the PSD inspection date has expired.
- During initial install, the system will automatically request an Operational Block, from the infrastructure, for the PSD.
- On PSD replacement the system will automatically request the configuration data for the replacement PSD.
- Transaction records from the SendPro C, SendPro+ are automatically uploaded when a user message appears (within three days of the mail being generated).
- O/S updates and Pitney Bowes Application Software and Rates Data updates.
IT departments that use a "rules based" method for allowing specific ports to pass traffic on their network for port 53, allow for both UDP and TCP traffic to this port.
Open ports and firewall exceptions
UPDATED: September 17, 2019