Products affected: SendSuite® Xpress, Ascent™
UPS updates their Fuel Surcharges monthly. SendSuite® Xpress and Ascent™ must be manually updated to reflect those changes. Follow these steps to update the UPS fuel surcharges in SendSuite Xpress or Ascent:
- Go to the UPS Fuel Surcharge page and locate the current Ground Surcharge and Domestic Air and International Air Export Surcharge rates for the current date.
- Close all Ascent or Xpress stations.
- Open Ascent Setup or Xpress Setup:
- Xpress: Select Windows Start > All Programs > Xpress > Xpress Setup.
- Ascent: Select Windows Start > All Programs > Ascent > Ascent Setup.
- Open Definition:
- Xpress: Select Carriers > Custom Configuration > Definition.
- Ascent: Select Carriers > Definition.
- Select the List button.
- Select the UPS carrier and select the OK button.
- Select the Edit button.
- Select the UPS Fuel Surcharge button on the right side of the screen.
- In the UPS Fuel Surcharge Table, enter the surcharge percentages obtained from the UPS Fuel Surcharge website as follows:
- UPS Ground Commercial to 50 States & PR: Ground Surcharge
- UPS Ground Residential to 50 States & PR: Ground Surcharge
- All other services: Domestic Air and International Air Export Surcharge
- Select the OK button to closed the UPS Fuel Surcharge Table.
- Select the OK button in the upper left to confirm the changes.
- Close Ascent Setup or Xpress Setup. The rates should now display the correct Fuel Surcharges for the month.
UPDATED: August 30, 2017