VERIFIED SOLUTION i
product affected: MapInfo Pro™
Please note the below instructions may change the computer system or OS setting. Please consult with an IT Admin if unfamiliar with creating an Environment Variable.
- Please follow the following steps to turn on the error logging:
- Make sure the Windows login has admin rights
- Create a system environment variable MI_LOGLEVEL with a value of 3 is set
- Select Start, select Control Panel. double-click System, and select the Advanced System Settings.
- Click Environment Variables.
- In the System Variable, Click New (System Variable)
- Specify the Variable name:MI_LOGLEVEL
- Specify the Variable value: 3
- Start MapInfo Pro again which will generate the log and then close MapInfo Pro.
- Locate the PBlicense.log in user temp directory and send the log Example: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp and look for PBLicense.log
PBLicense.log contains information about MapInfo licensing and other licensing related information.
Further information about different logging level
0 -> Disables logging.
1- > Logs short error messages and error codes, and logs if there is a deletion of invalid
licenses. This is the default setting.
2 -> Logs detailed error messages and error codes, logs if there is a deletion of invalid licenses,
and logs additional diagnostic messages.
3 -> Logs everything that level 2 logs with additional information. This level is only useful
for client applications like MapInfo Professional that use borrowable or distributable
UPDATED: November 7, 2017