Products affected: DM50™, DM60™, DM110i™, DM160i™, DM220i™, DM300C™, DM400C™, DM475™, PC Meter Connect
- What is PC Meter Connect?
- Before you begin
- Download PC Meter Connect
- Install PC Meter Connect
- Related articles
What is PC Meter Connect?
PC Meter Connect™ is Windows-based software that allows you to connect your meter to the Pitney Bowes Data Center using your computer's internet connection.
The meter is not required to be permanently connected to the computer. Connect the meter only when a connection is required.
Important: Mac, Linux and other non-Windows operating systems are not currently supported.
Your meter connects using PC Meter Connect to download postage from your Pitney Bowes accounts and updates your meter's software and postal rates.
Before you begin
- Check your Windows computer to ensure that it meets the following minimum system requirements to use PC Meter Connect™ (PCMC):
- Windows 2000 through Windows 10 *
- 1.2 GHz processor, 512 Mb RAM
- Internet connection
- Microsoft .NET framework 2.0 (will be automatically installed if not found on your computer). This is a one-time installation.
- Available USB port
- Administrative rights to install software (if you are unsure, attempt the installation following the below instructions. If the installation fails contact your local IT for permissions/ rights support).
* Important: Mac, Linux and other non-Windows operating systems are not currently supported. FIPS mode not currently supported on Windows 10.
- Sign in to your computer.
- Place your computer near your meter so that you can connect your computer and meter using a USB cable.
- Plug in the power cord on the back of your meter.
- Insert the (D shaped) USB cable end into the back of your meter.
- Insert the USB cable into your computer.
Download and install PC Meter Connect:
- Click the Download button to download the latest PC Meter Connect setup file to your computer:
Install PC Meter Connect
- Double-click on your setup.exe file to run your installation.
- Follow the instructions to install your PC Meter Connect software. During this process you will be required to accept the terms and conditions in the Pitney Bowes End User License Agreement.
UPDATED: 3 February 2020