Products affected: MapMarker™
Point data sets such as Centrus Points, TomTom Points, or Navteq Points are installed after MapMarker has been installed and verified to be working properly.
Customers must be licensed for these supplementary data sets and will receive errors when trying to configure them for use if not licensed.
Additionally, the vintage of the Point Data must match the vintage of the standard address dictionary data.
The vintage date is located on the DVD or determined by the name of the downloaded version. For example, a download of the MapMarker installation package for the standard address dictionary 2019.04 October release would be titled similar to: KGD042019.zip
The current data vintage of the MapMarker installation can be checked after installation by right-clicking on the file readme.txt and opening it in notepad.
The default location is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MapInfo\MapMarker_USA_Data\TomTom
Examples of the unzipped Point Data sets would be:
Centrus Points: 44P042019.zip
TomTom Points: KPD042019.zip
Navteq Points: KNP042019.zip
After downloading, Right-Click and Extract or unzip with winzip, 7-zip, etc.
Go into the folder and then the Installer folder and the folder for the appropriate operating system such as Windows.
Example for TomTom Points: ...\run the MapMarkerUSATomTomSetup.exe
By default a new folder within the default will be created named appropriately for the particular point data type.
Once the Point data is installed, it must be configured in order for a georesult of S8 to be returned indicating a match within the Point data set to the centroid of the parcel for the input address.
For Desktop users, open MapMarker and go to:
- Options>system preferences>dictionary
- Under the "Address Dictionary" section, click the Browse button.
- Navigate to the Point dictionary folder within the standard address dictionary folder, in this example,
TomTomPoints. Double-click on the point data folder and click the "Add" button to add the additional path on the right side of the dialog.
- Then select the Point dictionary folder path and move it UP to the top above the standard address dictionary path.
- Click OK all the way out of the dialogs.
- If an error occurs, the vintage of the point data does not match the vintage of the standard address dictionary or the Point data set is not licensed. Contact Customer Service to determine if the license entitles use of the Point data.
For Sever installations, go to the file (in windows):
C:\Program Files (x86)\MapInfo\MapMarker_USA_v27\sdk\tomcat\webapps\mapmarker40\WEB-INF\classes
- In Notepad or text editor, open the file USA_DataManagerSettings.properties
- Change the dictionary count setting from default of 1 to 2:
Change that to
- Add the additional Point data set path and make sure it is set as the first dictionary and the standard address dictionary as the second.
DICTIONARY_PATH1=C:/Program Files (x86)/MapInfo/C:\Program Files (x86)\MapInfo\MapMarker_USA_Data\TomTom
Add and edit the additional Point dictionary folder paths as in this example:
DICTIONARY_PATH1=C:\Program Files (x86)\MapInfo\MapMarker_USA_Data\TomTomPoints
DICTIONARY_PATH2=C:\Program Files (x86)\MapInfo\MapMarker_USA_Data\TomTom
- Save and close the file.
- Restart the Tomcat/MapMarker server to enable the new information into memory.
UPDATED: July 15, 2019