Products affected: DM100®i and DM125™
If you receive a replacement print head from Pitney Bowes, follow these steps to install it:
- If a scale is present, remove it and set it aside.
- Open your top cover.
- Select Replace Ink Tank. The carriage moves forward.
- Unlock and flip your ink cartridge guard open.
- Remove your ink cartridge
- While squeezing the two gray tabs on either side of your print head, lift and tilt your print head to the right as you remove it from your machine.
- Remove the protective tape from the bottom of your new print head.
- Squeeze the two gray tabs on either side of your new print head and angle slightly while sliding it back into its holder.
- Push your print head back into place. There is an audible click when it seats correctly.
- Reinstall your ink cartridge.
- Close and lock the green latch.
- Close your cover. The system automatically returns you to your Home screen. If your system does not automatically return to the Home screen, press Home.
- If it was removed, reinstall the scale.
UPDATED: December 30, 2019