VERIFIED SOLUTION i
Products affected: Connect+® 500W, Connect+® 1000, Connect+® 2000, Connect+® 3000, SendPro™ P1000, SendPro™ P1500, SendPro™ P2000, SendPro™ P3000, SendPro™
When you enter a recipient or sender address, create a shipping label, or add an address to the Address Book in SendPro™, there is no method to ensure that the address is valid. This may cause shipments to be delayed or returned to the sender. However, the Canada Post website can be used to determine if an address is valid according to Canada Post.
- Go to the Canada Post website.
- Select Find a Postal Code.
- Enter the address to determine if it is valid:
- If the address information is recognized as a valid mailing address in the Canada Post database, Canada Post can deliver to that address.
- If the address information is not recognized as a valid mailing address, you must edit the information until it is recognized as a valid mailing address.
UPDATED: September 30, 2019