VERIFIED SOLUTION i
MapInfo Pro 64bit
What MapInfo Pro looks like when opened
How to open base map layers
- On Home Tab, select the Open command.
- Under “Base Maps” select preferred layer; options Aerial, Roads, Hybrid (Roads - Premium only)See Image below.
Bing Roads base map shown below as opened.
Working with Bing Base map Layers – Zoom and Pan
- Map tab will be expanded by default as shown below.
- Select Zoom In tool from Map ribbon.
Hover Zoom In on map, left click and hold to draw box around location you would like to zoom in to.
Release mouse and map window will zoom in to desired location.
Select the Pan tool located in the Map tab next to the Zoom In feature.
Hover Pan Icon on map, left click and hold to drag map window. Edges of map window will refresh as you Pan to the left and right of base map.
Right clicking in map window provides a shortcut to Map tab tools and other features. Features that are not available in active window will be grayed out.
Closing the map window
- Select Home tab.
- Under Home tab locate Close in ribbon.
Clicking on 'Close' will prompt to save the workspace. Click on 'Yes' if the workspace has to be saved.
UPDATED: June 27, 2017