VERIFIED SOLUTION i
Products affected: MapInfo Pro™
To create a Raster file from a .CSV file in MapInfo Pro™ you need to follow these steps:
- Open the CSV directly in Mapinfo Pro.
- Go to Spatial Tab > Create > Create Points.
- The Create Points dialogue will display. In this select the desired projection.
- Map X Coord to Easting.
- Map Y Coord to Northing.
- Click OK and the Points will be displayed in the Mapper window.
- Now save the output as Mapinfo TAB file.
- Open the saved TAB file and use it as input for gridding.
- Goto Raster TAB->Create Raster->Stamp
- Select Input file and points column in "Columns".
- Enter cell size manually or let the system decide it and click on Process button.
- The output file has now been generated.
UPDATED: October 23, 2017