VERIFIED SOLUTION i
Products affected: DM300C™, DM400C™, DM450C™, DM475™
The meter displays Clear Print Transport and will not run mail.
There is a mail piece or debris in the printer area.
ResolutionUPDATED: June 11, 2018
To clear the print transport:
- Unplug the power cord.
- Wait one to three minutes.
- Move the transport release (clearance) lever on the front of the machine 1/4 turn to the right (clockwise) to the released position (vertical).
Note: On the DM400C™, DM450C™, and DM475™, you will also need to open the front cover and lift the blue jam release lever (there are two levers on the DM475). See the Operator Guide for details.
- Remove any visible paper fragments from the feed deck. Occasionally a tape strip will get caught in the rollers.
- Using a can of non-flammable canned air and working from the left side of the machine to the exit, blow onto the feed deck that the envelopes/tape sheets travel on.
Note: Make sure to spend enough time in this step to ensure that dust and debris are removed.
- Move the transport release (clearance) lever 1/4 turn counterclockwise to raise the feed deck back up into position.
- Plug the power cord back in, ensuring that it is plugged directly into a wall outlet.