Products affected: DI900™, DI950™, DI950e™, Relay™ 5000, Relay™ 6000, Relay™ 7000, Relay™ 8000
The inserter displays error 58, "Failed to Insert", or mail pieces are processed with materials not completely inserted or skewed.
There is a jam at the insert station. This may be caused by:
- Envelope is inside seam construction (poor construction)
- Envelope is smaller than 7.6 inches (194 mm) in width
- Materials are catching on a loose or poorly-glued envelope window
- Envelope length is incorrect
- Side guide adjustment is incorrect
- Envelope insert fingers (throat opener) are improperly adjusted
- Edge clearance is insufficient
- Aligner is disabled
ResolutionUPDATED: February 2, 2017
To resolve this issue:
- Check the settings of all items listed in the Cause section.
- Review the job setup:
- From the Home screen, select Menu.
- Select Jobs.
- Select Review Job.
- Use the arrow keys to scroll through the pages and verify that all of the settings are correct.
- If changes are needed, select Edit Job.
- Select Accept to return to the Menu screen.
- Press HOME to return to the Home screen.
- Review the Envelope Opener settings:
- From the Home screen, select Pre-Run Adjustments.
- Select Envelope Opener Settings.
- Follow the prompts on the screen. For more information, see pages 3-18 through 3-21 in the Operator Guide.