Products affected: SendSuite® Live, SendSuite® Xpress, Ascent™
When printing a label on a 1E23 label printer from SendSuite® Live, SendSuite® Xpress, or Ascent™, the right side of the label is light or blank.
- The print head carrier assembly is not securely latched.
- The print head is dirty.
- The media width thumbwheel needs to be adjusted.
ResolutionUPDATED: February 2, 2017
To resolve this issue:
- Verify that the print head carrier assembly is securely latched down. If it is not, latch it securely. If it was not securely latched, print a test label after latching it. If the issue is not resolved, proceed to step 2.
- Clean the print head:
- Turn the power switch off.
- Unplug the printer.
- Press the print head latch and raise the print head carrier assembly. Wait for the print head to cool.
- Remove the media and ribbon.
- Using a cotton swab moistened (not soaked) with isopropyl alcohol, thoroughly clean the print head.
- Reinstall the media and ribbon and securely latch the print head carrier assembly.
- Plug the printer in and turn it on.
- Print a test label. If the issue is not resolved, proceed to step 3.
- Turn the media width thumbwheel (the green knob with numbers on it, directly above the print head latch) counterclockwise. Print a test label. If the issue is not resolved, make additional adjustments and test again.