VERIFIED SOLUTION i
Products affected: mailstation™, mailstation2™, DM100®i, DM125™, DM200L™, DM225™ DM300C™, DM400C™, DM475™
The PC Meter Connect icon in the system tray (small icons by the clock) says "Meter not detected".
The PC Meter Connect software and your meter are not communicating.
ResolutionUPDATED: August 5, 2019
Solution 1: Restart your meter:
- Unplug your power cord from the back of your meter.
- Unplug your USB cable from the back of your meter.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Plug your USB cable back into your meter. Make sure that the other end of your USB cable is plugged into your computer.
- Plug your power cord back into your meter. You should see the message "Meter Detected".
If you still see the message "Meter Not Detected", try Solution 2.
Solution 2: Make sure that you have the latest version of PC Meter Connect installed:
- Go to the PC Meter Connect download page to find the latest version number.
- Right-click on the PC Meter Connect system tray icon (small icons by the clock).
- Select About PC Meter Connect.
- If you do not have the latest version, uninstall and reinstall it:
- Right-click on the system tray icon and select Exit.
- Unplug the USB cable from the meter and the computer.
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the meter.
- Select Windows Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- Select PC Meter Connect and select Uninstall.
- Download and install the latest version of PC Meter Connect.
- If you reinstall PC Meter Connect, restart your meter and your computer:
- Unplug your power cord.
- Wait one minute.
- Plug your power cord back in, ensuring that it is plugged directly into a wall outlet.
- Restart your computer by closing all open programs and selecting Shut down from the Windows Start menu.
- Once your computer completely shuts down, turn it back on.
- Attempt your connection again.
If your issue is not resolved, try Solution 3.
Solution 3: Check your computer's USB controllers:
- Select Windows Start > Control Panel > Device Manager.
- Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers and look for PB Postage Meter:
- If PB Postage Meter is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers and does not have a yellow question mark icon on it, proceed to Step 3.
- If PB Postage Meter is not listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers:
- Test the port that your meter's USB cable is plugged into by plugging in another USB device such as a mouse or flash drive.
- If the other device fails, this indicates an issue with the USB port. Try a different USB port on your computer.
- If the other device works in the USB port, try a different USB cable. If a different USB cable works, this indicates that v original USB cable may be defective.
- If there are no issues with your USB port or your cable, proceed to Step 3.
- If PB Postage Meter is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers with a yellow question mark icon:
- Right-click on PB Postage Meter.
- Select Update Driver Software.
- Select No, not this time.
- Select Next.
- Select Install from a list or specific location (Advanced).
- Select Next.
- Select Include this location in the search.
- Select Browse.
- Browse to C:\Program Files\Pitney Bowes\PC Meter Connect\USBDriver\.
- Select Next and wait for the process to finish.
- If the yellow question mark goes away, retry your connection. If your issue is still not resolved or if the yellow question mark returns, proceed to Step 3.
- Restart both your computer and your meter.
Use the Contact Us options below if you need further assistance. Have your model and serial number ready.