Products affected: DM500™, DM525™, DM550™, DM575™, DM800™, DM800i™, DM825™, DM875™, DM900™, DM925™, DM1000™, DM1100™
The mailing machine is making a loud grinding noise.
The ink hose is wrapped around a plastic part behind the ink cartridge holder area or jammed behind the print head station.
ResolutionUPDATED: September 1, 2017
Follow these steps to resolve this issue:
- Turn the mailing system off.
- Open the top cover where the ink cartridge holder and print head are located.
- Locate the hose behind the ink cartridge holder and check to see if it is wrapped around behind the print cartridge.
- If it is, carefully free it.
Note: Do not force the hose. If you have any difficulty moving the hose, stop and contact customer support.
- Turn the mailing system back on.
- Wait for the system to initialize.
- Test to make sure that the noise does not return and that the machine feeds smoothly without the grinding noise.