Products affected: DM500™, DM525™, DM550™, DM575™, DM800™, DM800i™, DM825™, DM875™, DM900™, DM925™, DM1000™, and DM1100™.
The meter displays error 1844 or error 368 and will not refill postage.
The error indicates a possible operational issue with the User Interface Control (UIC) in your meter.
ResolutionUPDATED: October 4, 2016
You may be able to clear error code 1844 or 368 by restarting your meter. Here are the steps to follow for a safe restart:
- Turn the power off with the power switch
- Wait for the display to turn off completely
- Verify the power cable is plugged directly to a wall outlet and not through an extension cord or power strip/surge protector
- Wait one to three minutes
- Turn the power switch back on
- If the issue is unresolved after following these steps, contact customer support from 8 am to 8 pm Eastern Time. Have your model number ready.