Products affected: DM800i™, DM825™, DM875™, DM900™, DM925™, DM1000™
The meter displays error code 1253 and will not print.
The mail piece is too long.
ResolutionUPDATED: September 1, 2017
To resolve this issue:
- Ensure that the mail piece is within the size specifications (13 inches long).
- If the mail piece is within specifications, but you continue to receive the error, restart the meter and blow out the mail path:
- Turn the power off with the power switch.
- Wait for the display to turn off.
- Using a can of non-flammable canned air and working from the left side of the machine to the exit, blow onto the feed deck that the envelopes travel on.
- Wait one to three minutes, then turn the power switch back on.