Products affected: DM500™, DM525™, DM550™, DM575™, DM800™, DM800i™, DM825™, DM875™, DM900™, DM925™, DM1000™, DM1100™
The meter displays error code 12A6 and will not run in WOW mode.
This error indicates that the Weigh-On-The-Way® (WOW) unit is out of calibration and will not function. This can occur because:
- Pieces of paper are stuck in the WOW unit.
- A mail piece that is too thick was fed into the machine.
- A user was leaning on the cover or the "skis" while feeding mail in WOW mode.
- The machine is not level or is on an unstable table.
ResolutionUPDATED: October 24, 2016
You may be able to clear the error by restarting the meter and cleaning the mail path. Follow these steps to restart safely:
- Turn the power off with the power switch.
- Wait for the display to turn off.
- Using a can of non-flammable canned air and working from the left side of the machine to the exit, blow onto the feed deck that the envelopes travel on.
- Wait one to three minutes.
- Turn the power switch back on.