Products affected: DM300C™, DM400C™, DM450C™, DM475™
The meter cannot communicate with the server and may display an error message.
The meter cannot connect to the Pitney Bowes Data Center over a dial-up (analog) phone line.
ResolutionUPDATED: July 30, 2020
Solution 1: Try another connection method
- Switch to a SmartLink device to resolve recurring problems with your dial-up phone connection. Dial-up phone connections are unreliable.
- If you still have problems and cannot wait for your Smartlink to arrive, install PC Meter Connect as a temporary solution.
Solution 2: Resolve issues with your dial-up connectionFollow these steps to resolve issues with your dial-up connection:
- Retry your connection two or three times.
- Make sure that your meter connects to a dial-up (analog) phone line that is not shared with another device. Plug the meter directly into the wall jack and remove any phone line splitters.
- If your meter uses the same phone line as a fax machine, credit card reader, or other analog device, unplug the other devices so that your meter is the only device using the phone line.
- Make sure that you use a true dial-up (analog) line.
- A DSL line may work. If there are issues, try adding a DSL filter, which can be purchased at an office supply store or acquired from the phone company.
- Simulated analog phone lines are problematic. If you have issues, try rebooting the device that is simulating the analog line.
- A T1 or Voice Over IP (VOIP) lines do not work with dial-up (analog) connections.
- Check to see if you must add or remove a dialing prefix (such as 9) to get an outside line. See manually changing your dialing prefix.
- Make sure that your meter dials the number 1-844-972-9633 (toll-free). See manually changing your dial-up phone number.
Use the Contact Us options below if you need further assistance. Have your model and serial number ready.