VERIFIED SOLUTION i
Products affected: DM125™
The meter displays Waste Tank Near Full or Waste Tank Full, and may not print.
Excess ink from purges and heavy use eventually fills the ink waste tank in your meter.
- When your ink reservoir nears capacity, your meter displays the message Waste Tank Near Full.
- When your ink reservoir reaches full capacity, your meter displays the message Waste Tank Full.
ResolutionUPDATED: August 27, 2019
- You can temporarily suspend the Waste Tank Near Full message and continue processing your mail for a short time.
- However, once the Waste Tank Full message appears, your meter becomes inoperable and requires immediate service.
Follow these steps to put your meter into Service Mode and clear your message:
- Restart your meter:
- Unplug the meter.
- Wait one minute.
- Plug the meter back in.
- Press and hold both the Space (0) and Shift (.) keys when the Initializing screen displays (the second screen to display during startup).
- Your meter prompts for a service password.
- If you are not prompted for a service password, go back to Step 1 and try again, making sure to press and hold both the keys at the Initializing screen.
- When prompted for your service password, release both keys and enter 6946.
- Select Diagnostics.
- Select PM Maintenance.
- Press Page Down until Reset Waste Tank displays.
- Press Yes/Enter.
- Press Yes/Enter when the message “are you sure you want to reset waste ink tank flag” appears.
- Select Press to restart to restart your meter.
- Sign in and create a technical support case to order a replacement waste pad.