Products affected: mailstation™, mailstation2™, DM100®i, DM125™, DM200L™, DM225™, DM300C™, DM400C™, DM450C™, DM475™, DM500™, DM525™, DM550™, DM575™, DM800™, DM800i™, DM825™, DM875™, DM900™, DM925™, DM1000™, DM1100™, DM Infinity™, SendPro® 300
Your meter displays the message "Connection Due" or "Connection Required" or "Connection Required by Post" and does not run mail.
USPS® regulations require that your meter be inspected periodically. This inspection occurs automatically when you connect your meter to the Pitney Bowes Data Center to refill postage or perform a balance inquiry.
ResolutionUPDATED: December 2, 2019
Follow these steps to connect the meter to the Pitney Bowes Data Center to clear the message:
- Make sure that your meter is connected to access the Pitney Bowes Data Center using:
- a SmartLink device
- PC Meter Connect
- a Communication Device
- a dial-up phone connection
- Select Connect Now or have your meter check your Postage by Phone (PbP) balance.
Important: It is unnecessary for you to add funds to your meter to clear this message.
- Follow the prompts on your screen to complete any pending downloads.
Use the Contact Us options below, if you need further assistance.
- If your meter cannot connect to the Pitney Bowes Data Center, see Resolving meter connection issues for your meter model.
- If your meter has not yet been connected, see the Install Guide that came with your meter for setup instructions. Copies of the Install Guides are also available on the Getting Started page for your meter model.