Products affected: SendSuite® Xpress, Ascent™
When installing an update for SendSuite® Xpress or Ascent™, the error "The InstallShield engine (iKernel.exe) could not be installed IKernel.exe could not be copied to C:\Program Files (x86)\...." is displayed.
The current user does not have administrator rights.
ResolutionUPDATED: June 21, 2019
- Sign in to the computer using an account that has administrator rights. Contact your IT department if necessary to obtain administrator rights.
- Run the update again.
- If you continue to receive the error even with an administrator account, close IntelliLink Desktop.
- Select Start > Control Panel > User Accounts.
- Select Change User Account Control settings.
- Move the slider to Never Notify and select OK.
- Restart the computer.
- Once the computer has restarted, sign in with an administrator account and run the update again.
- If you continue to receive the error, right-click on the Windows taskbar and select Task Manager.
- On the Processes tab, select the IDGUI.exe process or the Intellilink Desktop Service process and select the End task button.
- Once the task has ended, close the Task Manager.
- Right-click on the IntelliLink Desktop icon on the desktop and select Run as administrator.
- Once IntelliLink Desktop launches, run the update.