Products affected: SendPro® C, SendPro®+ (2H00, 8H00)
The meter displays the message "Fatal Printer Error" and will not run mail.
The ink cartridge or printhead my not be seated correctly, or their may be an internal malfunction.
ResolutionUPDATED: May 12, 2020
You may be able to clear this error by re-seating the ink cartridge and print head:
- Tap the Settings (gear) icon in the global toolbar.
- Tap Mail Printer Maintenance in the Mail Settings section.
- Tap Install Printhead and the Mail Printer Access screen displays.
- Open the top cover as shown in the Mail Printer Access screen.
- Remove the ink cartridge as shown on the label next to the cartridge holder. See Related topics for more information on installing the ink cartridge.
- Remove the printhead. See Related topics for more information on changing the print head.
- Re-install the printhead and ink cartridge.
- Close the top cover
- Tap Done
If the error persists, restart the meter:
- Unplug the power cable. The screen should turn off after 10 seconds.
- Wait 2 minutes.
- Plug the power cable back in, ensuring that it is plugged directly into a wall outlet.
- Turn the meter back on by quickly tapping and releasing the power button.
- Installing the ink cartridge on the SendPro C, SendPro+
- Cleaning the print head on the SendPro C, SendPro+