Products affected: Exponare
1) Go to Start -> Program -> MapInfo -> Exponare -> Exponare Server -> Hardware Identity Generator. The Hardware Identity Generator will already be present on the server hosting Exponare, as it is installed as part of the software.
2) Fill out the required details (Customer Name, Exponare Serial Number and Number of CPU) and hit Next.
Note: Customer Name value needs to be the same as one set in Configuration Manager
3) In the next window, click the link 'Copy your details to Clipboard' and paste into an email and send the email to email@example.com
4) Once PB replies with a license file, this license will have to be applied to the Exponare installation.
To do this, copy the Exponare license file that was provided (MapXtremeDesktopIntl.lic) and place it in the folder that applies to your installation:
- Exponare 5.X 64bit: C:\Program Files\Common Files\MapInfo\MapXtreme\7.X.0
- Exponare 5.X 32bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\MapInfo\MapXtreme\7.X.0
5) Once the license file has been copied to the above folder, do an iisreset or restart of the Exponare Application Pool. Launch Enquiry to open any work-context map. The absence of a Watermark on the map confirms that the trial license has been replaced by the new permanent license.
UPDATED: July 2, 2019