product affected: Spectrum™
This procedure describes how to install databases used by Get Candidate Addresses, Get City State Province, Get Postal Codes, Validate Address, and Validate Address AUS.
To install the Universal Addressing Module databases on Windows Server 2008 make sure to have administrator privileges.
1. Make sure no applications are running.
2. Download the database from the Pitney Bowes Software eStore using the link provided in the release announcement or welcome email. Download the database from the technical support web site, www.g1.com/support.
3. The database is downloaded as a zip file. Unzip the database before proceeding with the installation.
4. Select Start > Programs > Pitney Bowes > Spectrum™ Technology Platform > Modules > Universal Addressing Module > Database Load Utility.
5. Follow the prompts during the rest of the installation process.
Databases can be installed on a mapped drive, but performance will be affected since the program will be accessing them on a network rather than accessing them locally.
6. If choosing to install Residential Delivery Indicator, an optional database can be licensed directly from the U.S. Postal Service, which will prompt for the nine-digit RDI table and the eleven-digit RDI table. These are called rts.hs9 and rts.hs11, respectively, and they are provided by the U.S. Postal Service.
UPDATED: September 7, 2017