Product affected: MapInfo Pro™
How to use Autotrace to save a polygon to a new layer without editing the original table
- Open Master file that will not be edited.
- Click on the Cosmetic layer in layer control or the Explorer window in 64bit and make that layer editable. Make sure that the master tab file is Not editable.
- Turn ON the SNAP feature by selecting the "S" key on the keyboard and autotrace by selecting the "T" key on the keyboard in MapInfo Pro.
- Trace the required Polygon.
- Go to Map>Save cosmetic objects or the Map tab>Cosmetic>save cosmetic objects in 64bit.
- Save the objects to a NEW layer. Provide a name for the table and save it to a folder location desired.
UPDATED: December 5, 2019