Size of PDF can be made smaller by using following approach.
- Ensure PDF output device configuration contains :
- The compression is always set to smallest (FLATE).
- For fonts there are three options: 'Do not embed', 'Subsetting' and 'Embed'. The first one will create the smallest output, followed by the second, and then the third option.
- Enable 'Compress image' option.
For more information, refer section 'PDF output device settings' in 'Designer User Guide'.
- Choose to selectively embed fonts by using DOC1RPU on the HIP file. Refer to section 'Extracting and manipulating resources' in the 'Designer Production Guide' shipped as a part of installer.
UPDATED: August 13, 2019