Takes a large amount of time to do reindex in EngageOne Vault. This can be advantageous to do this on another server, and then promote the changes to the production server.
- Stop EngageOne vault services in the vault testing environment\Secondary server.
- Ensure that the testing environment has the same version of EngaGeOne Vault as a production environment.
- Ensure that the testing environment has the same database.ini /profiles.ini settings as a production environment.
- Ensure that the following vault directories on the testing environment are empty:
download pagedata docdata work process index
- Copy all of the DRD files from production vault/server/docdata to the testing environment vault/server/docdata.
- In the testing, the environment creates a copy of each DRD file, but instead of the.DRD extension, give it a .index extension. For example: copy *.drd *.index
- Move the newly created .index files from step 5 to the vault/server/process directory
- Start EngageOne vault services in the testing environment. Monitor the e2loaderd log and wait for the reindexing to be complete.
Post reindexing completion, copy new indexes to the production environment as follows:
- Stop EngageOne vault services on the production server.
- Rename the production vault index directory from 'index' to 'old.index'
- Copy index directory from a testing environment to a production environment
- Start EngageOne vault services and test.
UPDATED: December 23, 2019