Products Affected: MapInfo Professional
MapInfo Professional is crashing.
MapInfo Professional is crashing after using the zoom and/or pan tool multiple times.
ResolutionUPDATED: December 4, 2019
There are various reasons why MapInfo Professional might crash when panning or zooming. Please try the following to resolve the crashing issue:
- Right click on the MapInfo Professional icon, then select "Run as Administrator".(for Windows 7/8)
- Update your Video Card Driver to the latest version. In some cases, a problem is introduced with the latest Video card driver so you may need to try rolling back to the previous driver.
- Try lowering your Video Card's Hardware Accelleration - sometimes when set to the maximum, problems such as this occur in MI Pro. For Windows 7/8: http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/microsite.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=15392 For Windows XP: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ht/hardwareacc.htm
- Are your files local or on a network drive? In some instances the connection to the server can timeout or have other issues. Please move your files to the local machine.
- Additionally, large files, such as rasters, can cause MapInfo Professional to crash. Try removing the raster files, or just opening a small file to see if MapInfo Professional is still crashing.
- It is possible that your Windows profile is corrupt, a program is effecting MapInfo Professional or the permissions are causing the crash. If an Administrator or another user logs on your computer, this may resolve the issue.
- Review the errors in the Event Viewer found in Admin Tools when MapInfo Professional crashes - These could help identify what other application is causing the crash.