VERIFIED SOLUTION i
Products Affected: VeriMove
A VeriMove job returns the following error in the event.log:
E8005 File: N/A Line: N/A
File does not end on a reasonable record boundary.
There are 2 possible causes:
- An incorrect record length defined in the jobdef.
- An incorrect selection to "use CRLF" in the “Character Set” area under the General tab in the Verimove GUI.
ResolutionUPDATED: August 22, 2019
The following will correct the above causes:
- Ensure the input file record length is correctly defined in the jobdef matching the actual input file.
- If all input file records end at the defined length, use an editor program in hex mode identifying end of line shows the following...
- A "0A" (line feed) or
- The pair "0D" (carriage return) and "0A" (line feed).
- If the line ends with only "0A", the “Use CRLF” option should not checked.
- If the line ends with the pair of "0D" and "0A", be sure the “Use CRLF” option is checked.