Product Affected: MAIL360 Data Manager™ 2.4.0
Environment Details Product Feature: Mail360 Services
Operating System: Windows Server 2008 Enterprise
Database: SQL server 2008
Error 'System.Transactions.TransactionException: The partner transaction manager has disabled its support for remote/network transactions' is being observed in the bus log of EngageOne Inform.
This can be caused due to wrong MSDTC settings.
ResolutionUPDATED: November 6, 2019
Refer to the following steps to correct the MSDTC settings :
- Verify the "Distribute Transaction Coordinator" Service is up and running. If it is not running then :
- Go to "Administrative Tools > Services"
- Turn on the "Distribute Transaction Coordinator" Service
- Go to "Administrative Tools > Component Services"
- On the left navigation tree, go to "Component Services > Computers > My Computer" (double click and wait as some nodes take time to expand).
- Right-click on "My Computer", select "Properties"
- Select "MSDTC" tab
- Click "Security Configuration"
- Check "Network DTC Access", "Allow Remote Client", "Allow Inbound/Outbound", "Enable TIP"
- The service will restart
If the error still persists, then " REBOOT SERVER "
Final resolution – Have to enable DTC on the SQL Server. When migrating to a new server the DTC has to be changed to the correct setting.