Products affected: J693 label printer, J696 label printer, SendSuite® Live, SendSuite® Xpress, Ascent™, Datamax thermal printers
To clean the print head on a J696 or J693 printer:
- Turn the printer off and unplug it.
- Open the cover.
- Unlock the print head latch and raise the print head assembly. Allow the printhead to cool before proceeding.
- Move media and ribbon away from the print head as necessary.
- Using a cotton swab moistened, not soaked, with isopropyl alcohol, gently wipe away any build-up on the print head surface, paying close attention to the burn line.
- Allow the print head to dry.
- Replace the ribbon and media.
- Lower the print head assembly back to the locked position.
- Close the cover.
- Plug in and turn on the printer.
- Feed several labels to normalize tracking.
UPDATED: June 25, 2020