Products affected: SendPro® C Lite, SendPro® C, SendPro®+ (2H00, 8H00)
The scale is not weighing mail correctly or at all.
- The scale is not zeroed.
- The scale is not level.
- The USB cable is not functioning.
ResolutionUPDATED: April 24, 2020
Determine the type of scale you have by lifting the gray top off ofthe scale. Check the Model / Code and follow the steps for your model below.
- Remove the scale from the top of the SendPro C device.
- Unplug the power from the SendPro Cdevice and wait for the screen to turn black.
- Reinstall the scale on the top of the SendPro Cdevice.
- Plug the SendPro Cdevice back in and tap the Power button.
- Re-zero the scale, refer to Zeroing the scale on the SendPro C200-C425.
MP82 / MP39 / MP49 scale
- Look at the bottom of the scale where the USB cable plugs in you should see a flashing yellow light.
- If there is no light, go to check the USB cables.
- If there is a red light, refer to refer to Zeroing the scale on the SendPro C200-C425.
Level the scale (model numbers MP30/MP49 only)
- Find the model number of your scale. It is printed on a tag under the top cover.
- Take the top cover off of the scale.
- Inside the black circle, locate the small round glass bubble level.
- Turn the scale feet clockwise to adjust the them in the opposite direction to which the bubble is leaning.
Note: Always adjust the two feet on a side together to prevent the scale from rocking.
- When the bubble is level, push down on all four corners of the scale to make sure each foot is touching the table.
- Replace the top cover.
- Check the scale with a known item. (Note: US Quarters weigh .2 oz. each and are a good test.)
Re-zero the scale
Check the USB cables
- Tap the Home icon.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the back of the scale.
- Wait five seconds, then reconnect the USB cable.
- Unplug the USB cable from the back of the SendPro Cdevice.
- Wait five seconds, then reconnect it at both ends.
- Check the scale with a known item. (Note: U.S. Quarters weigh .2 oz. each and are a good test.)